Essiac Tea Recipe
Essica Tea Recipe
How Does Essiac Tea Work?
Essiac tea detoxifies the body, attacks cancer cells, and ramps up the immune system with powerful antioxidants. To date, it has proven safe for all but pregnant or nursing women. For best results, buy the ingredients individually and prepare it yourself.
Ingredients in Essiac Tea Recipe:
Directions to Make Essiac Tea
- 1 ½ pounds (680 grams) cut burdock root (Arctium lappa is a natural blood detoxifier)
- 1 pound (454 grams) powdered sheep sorrel (Rumex acetosella is a powerful antioxidant)
- ¼ pound (113 grams) powdered slippery elm (Ulmus fulva is a powerful antioxidant)
- 1 ounce (28 grams) powdered Turkish (Indian) rhubarb root (Rheum pamatum is a phytochemical that is naturally astringent, anti-microbial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory)
- Mix all four herbs thoroughly, store in a tightly sealed glass container away from light
- For a quart (1.13 litres) of tea, you need 1 ounce (28 grams) of herbal blend
- For a gallon (4.55 litres) of tea, you need 4 ounces (113 grams) of herbal blend
- Bring desired amount of water to a rolling boil in a steel or cast iron pot for 15 minutes
- Cover with a lid, steep at least 12 hours
- The following day, reheat the water but do not boil
- Allow to settle, then strain out herbs (there will be sediment in the bottom)
- Pour into tightly sealed glass or ceramic containers and cool
- Refrigerate and use as recommended (sweetened with honey or natural sugar to taste)
For general health, drink ½ ounce (14 millilitres) of tea in two ounces (57 millilitres) of water once daily.
Rene Caisse suggested it be taken at bedtime on an empty stomach. To fight disease, gradually increase consumption of Essiac tea to 1 ounce (28 millilitres) of tea in 2 ounces (57 millilitres) of water once daily.
The tea can be consumed cold or hot and more water can be added for a milder flavour. Nurse Caisse cautioned against drinking more in hopes of better or faster results.
Credit : Truth About Cancer and Rene Caisse
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Have Your Say.