All the makeup types listed simply and informatively
>Home Page >>Makeup Types
The full list, all seventeen of them, of types of makeup for you to guide yourself and select the best application for your needs.
We could have added a lot more detail to this page but we thought a dictionary like synopsis would be much easier to scan through.
- Gives skin colour by adding a golden or bronze glow.
- Covers any imperfections of the skin such as blemishes and marks.
3. Contour Powder or Creams
- Used to define the face, for example, giving the illusion of a slimmer face or to even modify a person’s face shape as desired.
4. Eyelash Glue
- Sticks false lashes to the eyes.
5. Eyebrow Pencils
6. Eye Primer
- Prolongs the wear of eye-shadows and intensifies colours when used used with shadows.
7. Face Powder
- Sets the foundation, giving a matte finish, and also to conceal small flaws or blemishes.
8. Face Primer
- Applied before foundation and mostly reduces the appearance of pore size. Face primer also prolongs the wear of make up and allows for a smoother application of makeup.
Additional makeup types and schematics
- Evens out the skin colour. Usually a liquid, cream, or powder. Of the all the types of makeup, foundation is often the starting block for makeup use.
- Draws attention to the high points of the face as well as to add glow to the face. It may contain shimmer.
- Liquid lipstick in a sheer or transparent medium.
12. Lip-balms, liners, primers and sticks
- Liquid or gel base and may contain alcohol to help the product stay on the lips which makes these items generally waterproof.
13. Makeup remover
- Used to remove the makeup products, for example, before going to sleep. It may or may not contain moisturising properties.
- Darkens, lengthens, and thickens the eyelashes.
15. Nail polish
- Colours the fingernails and toenails.
16. Rouge, blush or blusher
- Used to bring out the colour in the cheeks and make the cheekbones appear more defined.
17. Setting Spray
- Keeps makeup applied for long periods of time. Setting powder may also be used. Both can be pigmented or translucent.
Makeup Types (Back to Top)