Natural Advantage Shampoo with Signature Scent and Colour
This one is great for those that enjoy experimenting with scents (and colours)
140 gm of grated basic soap
750 ml of water
0.5 tsp. of powdered pectin
3 to 6 drops (or more) of the fragrance oils of your choice
Mix soap, water and powdered pectin in a saucepan and heat until smooth and liquid.
Add fragrance oils and pour into a plastic, shampoo type bottle. Keep tightly sealed.
When you add the fragrance oils, you can also add a few drops of food colouring to give the shampoo liquid a tinted colour.
Here is a guide to experimenting with scents.
* Lemon contains a sharp citrus scent and blends well with eucalyptus, and lavender.
* Peppermint has a refreshing and cooling menthol fragrance. It blends well with cedarwood, eucalyptus, lavender and rosemary.
* Rosemary fights bacteria and has an astringent effect. It blends well with cedarwood and peppermint.
* Eucalyptus has pleasant woody undertones and is gentle on skin. It mixes well with peppermint and lemon.
* Cedarwood is a good choice for men and combines well with peppermint and rosemary.
* Sandalwood has a sweet exotic fragrance and blends well with lavender and lemon.
For the hospitality industry, pour into a clear glass or plastic container together with labelling and decorations (see picture for example)
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Recipe - Natural Advantage Shampoo.